Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Donor scare!!!

Last week I had signed up as a donor for one of the many banks in the area. I was absolutely proud of myself, ready to help the moment I get called!! After all what's a few days pain when someone's life is on the line, right????

I got a call from the bank today and my heart skipped a beat. I was filled with absolute terror (and was already thinking of ways to bail out) as the guy said "Sir, you didn't fill the form out completely - you missed the state!!". Flooded with absolute relief, I furnished the remaining details.

When push comes to shove, I always thought I'd be the guy who'd step up to the plate. But now I wonder.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

he he he. when push comes to shove, is the real moment of test.. and you did absolutly fine. Its a normal human tendency! I liked the little paragraph you wrote. You sud write more :)

Unknown said...

hahaha
I registered as well and I thought the same thing

momentarily panicking doesn't mean you wouldn't have donated after some time to calm yourself down :)

Kaubhai said...

Agreed... initially i was also really enthu when i heard abt it.. but while signing the form..hssshhh. was damn scared.. !!